Friday, June 3, 2011

Many diseases start in the mouth.

The mouth is the gateway to the internal body. It is unique because it is the only body part that engages in food ingestion, digestion, breathing, speech, and the only soft tissue of the body to be continuously exposed to air. Because of this, the mouth and teeth are vulnerable to multitudes of bacteria and are in need of 2 to 3 daily cleansings. This includes brushing 2 to 3 times, and flossing once. If you think brushing is adequate enough, your gums will tell a different story.

Gums are loaded with bacteria. Some are good, most are bad. Flossing between each tooth everyday keeps plaque from forming and the harmful bacteria at a safe level. If teeth are not flossed, these bacteria multiply and can wreak havoc on your gum tissues, causing gingivitis which left untreated can lead to periodontitis. Because periodontitis is an inflammatory disease, it can easily spread throughout the body, having a devastating affect on the heart, lungs and premature births.
So by properly brushing and flossing and ridding your mouth of bad bateria you will ave healthier gums and your stomach will thank you! 

Flossing!!!!!

IT IS IMPORTANT! 

Do you floss daily? Or are you one of the many Americans who avoid flossing their teeth on a regular basis? There are just as many excuses to avoid flossing as there are days in the week. Some I’ve heard are, “I don’t need to floss. My teeth are so close together, no food gets stuck between them.” “Flossing is gross. I just can’t make myself put my hands in my mouth with that long piece of thread.” “It’s inconvenient. I know I should, but I just can’t seem to work it into my routine.” And my favorite: “I just can’t be bothered.”

Flossing is not complicated, but it does take a little patience. You can use regular floss, or a flossing tool, available in pharmacies. Flossing before you brush will aid in the washing away of released plaque and bacteria.

There are specific ways to brush and floss your teeth for removing bad bacteria. When brushing your teeth, you must use a circular or up and down motion and include the fronts and sides of each tooth, including the back molars. Don't rush. Use a soft toothbrush, hold it lightly, and don’t forget to brush your tongue.

Do these few simply things and your smile will gleem!

Please know that I am not a medical doctor or a health practitioner. I cannot diagnose your stomach problems nor can I guarantee a cure. I am here to share my knowledge, which applications have worked for me and to offer suggestions.

No comments:

Post a Comment